Saturday 15 November 2014

UMG Module Plan

I've been toying around with the idea of building a pair of UMG modules for the past year and after getting a good luck at the setup in Truro this fall I think I've finally settled on a design.

The UMG (Unnamed Module Group) is a group of modellers throughout the Maritimes who have constructed a series of FreeMo modules which they display at various shows.

http://theumg.ca/

I was initially thinking of modelling an area in Nouvelle on the Gaspe with a lumber mill (which I have sort of done) but I added in some things to increase switching opportunities.


The bridge on the left and the basic setup of the two lumber loading and chip loading tracks is analogous to Nouvelle, with the main difference being that there are two lumber loading tracks and the chip loading track runs back into the facility for some distance.  The buildings and track arrangement at the upper right corner will be loosely based on this prototype in British Columbia.


All six turnouts will be handlaid using Fast Tracks templates and the rest of the track will be Code 100 flextrack..

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a cool module, Taylor! I like the lumber mill as a self-contained industry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll see how it works out. I'm sure there will be some changes between here and there.

    On the bright side, I've been able to stick to my one post a week so far.

    ReplyDelete