The downside is that I think I'm beginning to develop to many projects, looking at my uncompleted layout as well as the pile of locomotive and freight car projects on the be. Since I have everything on hand I hope to have this finished before the start of fly fishing in mid-April.
Last night I finally had the chance to work on it. Since it was cut in half, I decided to straighten it out and add in a section to being it to an overall lenght of 7'. I plan to build the front/back out to around a foot and a half once all is said and done. The layout will separate in the middle for easy transport. I will mount a backdrop of masonite 1.5' high on the back decorated with photos of the Appalachian Mountains, taken around Nouvelle, on the Gaspe Peninsula. After thinking about it, I ended up with the following track plan:
In this view it is really easy to see how much of Chris's original plan will be retained and what will be changed.
Tonight I laid 1/4 of the total code 100 rail left to be laid. I also removed all of the code 40 that was on the present mainline and salavaged it for the sidings. The difference in rail height should provide for an interesting comparison.